Having reached some key milestones as a business, TCi is pleased to be able to join the Disability Confident scheme.
Disability Confident works with employers to ensure that disabled people and those with long term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer TCi has committed to:
- ensure an inclusive and accessible recruitment process
- communicating and promoting vacancies
- offering an interview to disabled people
- anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- at least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
Disabilities can come in many forms and bring different challenges for TCi as a company which will now become a focus for improvement. For example, space restrictions at TCi’s current head office make it hard to accommodate some types of physical disability, but short-term refurbishments and longer-term relocation are planned for the business in order to overcome this.
TCi has already supported a number of disabled employees and looks forward to building a more diverse workforce.