We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our award winning team as Commercial Support.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Supports in the management of daily company commercial operations
- Assessment and valuation of subcontractor’s applications and the processing of payment certificates in accordance with the contractual terms and conditions.
- Assessment and valuation of subcontractor’s quotations and suggest areas of risk and opportunity to the commercial manager.
- Communicate with company departments such as, but not limited to, projects management, construction, commercial and administration in order to develop and produce quotations ready for client submission.
- Attend project / contract meetings such as design team meetings, risk reduction meetings and any other contract administration meetings appropriate.
- Works with project managers and the construction team to produce, develop and carry out the contract administration of projects.
- Undertakes the subcontract administration of a project, and/or supports the Commercial Manager for the task subject to the project requirements
- Supports in the resolution of issues with contracts and commercial operations
- Communicates with parties in a contract so that all understand the terms, particularly a contract’s financial aspects
- Supports the commercial and project manager in the assessment of commercial risk and suggest resolutions to mitigate.
- As part of reactive commercial team, would accept extra duties as situations arise
- Supports the commercial manager in the negotiation of contracts and work schedules where appropriate.
- Supports the commercial manager to ensure contract deliverables are met
- Review of Contractor and subcontractor deliveries including where appropriate attending valuation and progress review meetings
- Monitor and report on commercial aspects of the contract and/or project flagging issues at the earliest opportunity to the Commercial Manager.
- Provision of advice and information on contract change including proposed scope changes, recommending appropriate action and producing required documentation.
- Preparation and review of commercial cost reports and progress measurements (forecast to completion) where necessary and in support of the commercial manager.
- Support the commercial manager when undertaking final account reviews, settlements and reconciliations to facilitate project close out
- Experience of commercial administration or commercial support role in the built or construction environment.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills and ability to command professional respect at all levels.
- Strong educational background
- Some level of contractual knowledge including cost reporting, risk management and basic estimating (should have knowledge of JCT and NEC contracts. Knowledge of FIDIC would also be desirable)
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good understanding of construction process
- High attention to detail
- High numeracy skills
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Awareness of past and current building and construction technology, processes, materials, business and legal matters
- Ability to pass Drug & Alcohol Testing and Vetting.