This is an exciting opportunity to join an award winning team as a Project Manager.
You will be working for a company that prides itself on the quality of its work.
Roles & Responsibilities
- plan and coordinate a project from start to finish, including organising the schedule of work, costings, and budget
- plan the work and oversee the buying of necessary materials and equipment
- oversee the management of the construction site on a day-to-day basis, including supervising the labour force, monitoring subcontractors, checking materials, inspecting work, and overseeing quality control
- ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget by setting benchmarks, agreeing budgets and monitoring progress
- check design documents with architects, surveyors, and engineers
- promote and maintain health and safety, including site inspections to ensure safety rules are being followed
- write project reports
- maintain regular communication and attend meetings with clients and their representatives to inform them of progress on the project, i.e. stakeholder management
- communicate with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and others involved in the project
- deal with any unexpected problems that may occur during the project.
- manage all relevant personnel for the project
- produce and manage work programmes for project
- assist in hiring staff for the project including CV analysis and carrying out interviews
- lead and manage Quantity Surveyors on pricing of future works related to the project
- management of project PM’s producing cost reports, applications for payment and NEC or JCT contract management
- provide information to the commercial team to produce and develop month cost reports and contract administration
- lead the Site Management team and support their operations and activities
- must be confident in delivering projects to the value of £5-10m+
- knowledge of NEC3 Contract Administration
- strong communication skills – for liaising with a wide range of clients, professionals, and workers on site
- leadership skills and an ability to motivate your team to ensure a high standard of work
- excellent planning and organisational skills – for writing and monitoring project plans and schedules and utilising time and resources effectively
- resilience and problem-solving skills – to overcome unexpected challenges during the construction process
- an ability to make decisions under pressure, so that the project can progress
- strong attention to detail for conducting site inspections and managing complex contracts
- an awareness of health and safety procedures and legislation – for running a safe construction site
- sound commercial awareness – to allocate and manage your budget effectively and to understand client concerns
- numerical and IT skills, including knowledge of relevant building methods and project management software to manage information and finances during the project.
- CSCS Card
- Relevant qualifications in Project Management