This is an exciting opportunity to join the team as an Quantity Surveyor based in Bridgwater.
You will be working for a company that prides itself on the quality of its work.
- 8:30-17:00 Monday-Friday
- Salary negotiable D.O.E
- Immediate start available
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Prepare commercial tender response documents on behalf of the company and in line with the commercial timetable.
- Apply risk management, value engineering and cost control mechanisms.
- Professionally manage the main contract between the client and the company (as Principal Contractor) from first valuation through to final account
- Pricing and agreeing variations with the Contract Administrator.
- Prepare and agree final account with the Contract Administrator.
- Prepare ITT’s and PQQ’s for works package to subcontractors.
- Undertake costs analysis comparisons of subcontractors’ tenders.
- Prepare and execute subcontracts with successful works package subcontractors.
- Professionally manage subcontracts from first valuation through to final account.
- Measure and value subcontract works carried out on site.
- Assess exactitude of subcontract applications for payment and produce payment certification onto the relevant department.
- Review pricing and agreeing variations with the subcontractor.
- Prepare and agree final accounts with each subcontractor.
- Price forecast the cost of the different labour, plant and materials required for the project.
- Ensure a proactive approach to dispute avoidance.
- Compliance with Commercial and Company procedures through the Business Management System.
- Prepare monthly cost reports for each project and present to senior management.
- Monitoring and managing risks from project inception to completion.
- Ensure company health and safety standards and procedures are followed throughout the team.
- Produce cashflow forecasts for each project based on programme of works produced by the Operations Manager.
- A practical and logical mind and methodical way of thinking.
- Working toward a relevant degree qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work co-operatively as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative in resolving problems.
- Strong organizational, numeracy and financial management skills.
- Ability to write clear, precise reports and explain information to key stakeholders.
- Strong understanding and ability to use relevant IT packages.
- Confident negotiation skills.
- Practical understanding of the NEC 3, NEC 4 and JCT 2016 contract suites (including relevant building contracts, warranties, and bonds).